Find out how to get the best out of a Duracell battery and learn how to properly recycle them.
Tips for proper battery care and use
- Always use the correct size and type of battery specified by the device manufacturer.
- Keep battery contact surfaces and battery compartment contacts clean by rubbing them with a clean pencil eraser or a rough cloth each time you replace batteries.
- Remove batteries from a device when it is not expected to be in use for several months and while it is being powered by household (AC) current.
- Make sure that you insert batteries into your device properly, with the + (plus) and – (minus) terminals aligned correctly. CAUTION: Some equipment using more than three batteries may appear to work properly even if one battery is inserted incorrectly.
- Extreme temperatures reduce battery performance. Store batteries in a dry place at normal room temperature. Do not refrigerate Duracell batteries as this will not make them last longer, and avoid putting battery-powered devices in very warm places.
- Do not attempt to recharge a battery unless the battery specifically is marked “rechargeable.”
- Some depleted batteries and batteries that are exposed to extremely high temperatures may leak. A crystalline structure may begin to form on the outside of the battery.
Batteries and electronics/electrical equipment sold in the European Union are marked with the following symbol:
Indicating that recycling programs for batteries and small domestic electrical appliances are in place and these articles should not be disposed of in a waste bin.
Duracell Battery Guarantee
We encourage you to recycle packaging as well.
As part of our commitment to preserve the environment, we use only nontoxic inks in our packaging and the majority of our carton packaging is to 85% made of recycled material*. Duracell is committed to technologies that deliver more power and are less hazardous than ordinary zinc carbon batteries. Materials in Duracell batteries such as manganese dioxide, graphite, zinc, tin plated brass, nickel plated steel can be reused. Our leading premium rechargeable AA & AAA batteries can be re-charged hundreds of times.
*Duracell Alkaline shelf packaging
- 85% recycled material in majority of paper packaging
- Only battery with unique Power indicator to prevent unnecessary waste
- All Duracell batteries can be recycled
- Battery materials can be reused
- Hundreds of re-charges in Duracell Rechargeable AA & AAA